|Lodhia Steel Industries Ltd
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Career Opportunities at Lodhia Steel Industries Limited, 2023
The Lodhia Group Jobs 2023
Lodhia Group of Companies
Lodhia Industries is one of the leading and fastest growing steel & plastic manufacturers in Tanzania.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT LODHIA GROUP OF COMPANIES
Lodhia Industries is one of the leading and fastest growing steel & plastic manufacturers in Tanzania and is currently operating out of two locations, Dar-es-salaam and Arusha. Since the foundations of the company laid back in 1996, Lodhia Industries has had an utmost dedication to the highest business standards and ethics and has provided thousands (directly & indirectly) of jobs with levels of security and benefits unprecedented in the region.
A wide range of CSR initiatives are also undertaken, many of which go unreported. The growth of Lodhia Industries has directly correlated with an increase in the quality of life in the surrounding community.
Lodhia Industries aspire to be Africa’s benchmark for Value Creation and we seek to scale the heights of excellence in all we do. We endeavour to earn the trust and acclaim of customers by providing safe, high-quality products and services by fully respecting and protecting the privacy of personal and customer information, thus providing sustainable growth of society.
Now Lodhia group of companies is hereby looking for experienced professional in the following discipline to join our dynamic group.
General Manager (Two post)
General Managers at Lodhia Industries – 2 Positions
Job Location: Arusha & Dar es salaam
Report to: Director
Major role: dealing with the following office, TBS, OSHA, NEMC, Migration, handling police cases, if politician or other officials visit the organization should be able to handle them professionally.
Other duties and responsibilities
- coordinate the activities and ensure operational and strategic goals are achieved,
- oversee the efficient and effective planning, day-to-day operations, and evaluation to improve quality and customer satisfaction,
- take lead accountability for the safe operation of the activities; protect employee and employer interests with satisfactory HSE performance
- Work with the management to provide a conducive work environment for all staff as per
- the office equipment and supplies plan
- Report and follow up on all maintenance concerns. Monitor work orders; submit billing information.
- Ensure the implementation of safety and security policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Assist in the management of security and safety incidents provide timely and accurate
- incident reports and analysis.
- Track safety-related incidents and developments.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of working environment, occupational
- health and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATION:
- Education & Professional Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, LLB Degree or Business Administration or other related field.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience Job Experience Essential Work experience at least in manufacturing
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and a collaborative management style
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Multi-tasking, analytical and quick to act.
• Organization skills and time management – professional approach to personal time planning and respect for deadlines;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• At least aged 40+
• Able to work comfortably and effectively with or without supervision, either at own initiative or under direction
Payroll Accountant (Two post)
Payroll Accountants at Lodhia Industries – 2 Positions
Job Location: Arusha
Report to: Financial Controller
Purpose of Role
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible to provide a professional and high-quality payroll administration service which enables payments to our employees accurately and on time.
The position holder must work in a compliant manner and ensure all checklists, calendars, variance reporting, KPI’s and journals are completed on time and accurately to ensure we meet our internal and external facing compliance controls
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide payroll provider with data changes in the agreed format and by the agreed date on the payroll calendar.
- Quality of data is imperative and the correct validations should be carried out.
- Complete tasks in a compliant manner ensuring adherence to Data Privacy and Compliance principles.
- All queries from employees and other key stakeholders are resolved satisfactorily within agreed timelines
- Maintain technical knowledge of Statutory payments and deductions
- Good written and verbal communication skills with English as a minimum
- Awareness of current Tanzania Labour law practices and trends is essential
- Ability to amend and alter the calculations on the payroll.
- Must be able to process a large amount of data under significant pressure.
- Ability to manage and run payrolls.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations
- Advanced knowledge of remuneration and other best practices
- Conversant with advanced excel as well as capability to ERP system
- Good understanding of change management principles
- Good understanding of basic financial management principles
- Good understanding of tax legislation
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 3-5 years of Experience in Payroll Processing for the region
- Degree in Accounting or other related field
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across geographies and cultures
- Ability to quickly understand and apply market legislation affecting payroll and statutory reporting.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and planning skills
- MS Office expertise
Interested candidates with the above qualifications should send their CVs to Email: email@example.com by 11th August 2023 (closing date)