Jhpiego Tanzania Jobs 2023
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, iow-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families.
By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit the following positions below, available for immediate filling…
Posted Date: (7/31/2023 3:40 PM)
Job ID 2023-5339
Location TZ | TZ-Mwanza
Category International Positions
Employment Status Full-Time
To provide support to Jhpiego Tanzania Finance Department and ensure the smooth running of the departments day-to-day operations. This includes assisting in proper keeping of financial documents, reviewing of expense reports, reconciliation of vendor statements and maintaining proper financial accounting and bookkeeping records required to ensure effective performance of Jhpiego Tanzania’s financial operations.
- Updating payments tracker on daily basis.
- Updating VAT tracker on a timely basis
- Compiling and organizing Tax Invoices for VAT refunds.
- Primary review of Travel expense reports, Program expense reports, vendor invoices before forwarding them to the respective Finance Officer.
- Proper Arrangement, Coding, Naming, Filing and Stamping of financial documents (Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable).
- Pulling of documents from filing cabinets for audits/reviews.
- Scanning of documents for storage/audits/routing for Reviews and Approvals.
- Reconciliation of vendor statements
- Following up with the procurement and operations department staff on unsubmitted invoices and supporting documents to finance for payment processing.
- Work with the transport department on reviewing fuel cards reconciliations
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Diploma, Under graduate student, Graduate, Postgraduate student majoring in Business
- Administration/Accounting/Finance and Accounting. Basic knowledge of computers, and use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- The interns must have knowledge of the basic principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis.
- Should be capable of preparing and maintaining accounting records and documentation.
- Should have good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of computer, various software applications and standard office equipment.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jobs-jhpiego.icims.com
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.
EEO is the Law