JOB TITLE Head of Organizational Effectiveness
REPORTING TO Chief of Staff
DEPARTMENT/UNIT Executive Office
DURATION OF CONTRACT Two Years (Renewable)
DUTY STATION Nairobi, Kenya
Nafasi za kazi Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 and has since grown to become the largest African-based international health development organisation; currently implementing more than 180 programmess, reaching more than 40 million people across 35 African countries; and a staff complement of over 2,000. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, Ajira Mpya Amref Health Africa has offices in ten countries in Africa – Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Guinea (Conakry), Kenya, Malawi, Senegal, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. An additional eleven advocacy and fundraising offices are located in Europe and North America.
New Job Vacancies at Amref Health Africa
Ajira Amref Health Africa is driven by its vision of ‘Lasting health change in Africa’ and its mission ‘To catalyze and drive community-led and people-centred health systems while addressing social determinants of health’. We believe that the power to transform Africa’s health lies within its communities, and therefore strive to ensure that health systems are not only functional but that communities are empowered to hold these systems accountable for the delivery of quality and affordable health care.
The Head of Organizational Effectiveness will play a key role in leading transformation initiatives within Amref, lead in organization design and change management perspectives, redesigning organization structures, processes, capabilities and ways of working that cultivate an environment of openness, collaboration and commitment. The role holder will provide leadership for organizational initiatives to maximize the chances of successful transformation.
The role holder will play a key role in improving organizational platforms, systems and processes while monitoring enterprise innovation opportunities in alignment with organizational priorities. The scope of the role is broad and requires active engagement with cross functional peers to align on priorities, create focus and pragmatically organize resources to drive development and improvement efforts that are most critical
- Work closely with Divisional leaders in key Business Support – ICT, Finance, Procurement, People and Culture (P&C) and centres of excellence to align departments to the business strategy through proactive and continuous diagnosis of organizational effectiveness, organizational sizing and implementing sustainable organizational improvements
- Partner with divisional leaders in key business support divisions – ICT, Finance, Procurement and P&C to create and deploy practical organizational effectiveness solutions as well as design initiatives that enhance employee engagement, support company growth.
- Leverage data and analytics to provide insights into organizational effectiveness and measure growth in organizational capability (dashboards, portfolio tracking, etc.)
- Support Amref’s company-wide digital transformation projects as well as business unit specific transformation initiatives through effective micro and macro level organisation design
- Research leading practice and latest trends on organizational effectiveness
- In partnership with the relevant Divisional leaders in Business Support (ICT, People and Culture, Finance and Procurement) develop and drive a continuous efficiency agenda by assessing and improving organizational effectiveness metrics including process efficiency, service excellence and cost optimisation
- Shape and influence future thinking around organizational operating models and design, ways of working, efficiency and managing change by drawing best practice from teams. Strong collaboration with the COE for Culture and Change
- Drive simplification and reduce duplication of activities and processes within defined business environments by sustainably re-focussing resources to new revenue streams and/or strategic enablers through detailed analysis
- Actively engage with leaders and advise relevant stakeholders to ensure collective understand of transformation initiatives, particularly to understand key business imperatives, operational implications, and customer and workforce priorities.
- Build and maintain effective communications and information sharing with key stakeholders, crossfunctional leaders, and project team members.
- Develop, manage, and contribute to transformation initiatives with multiple workstreams, crossfunctional project activities, and plans.
- Ensure effective change management processes in all transformation projects to secure intended benefits of the transformation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Psychology, or HR
- MS/MA in Industrial/Organizational Psychology preferred
- Required Qualifications and ExperienceMinimum of ten (10) years of experience of Organizational Design, Business Transformation and People Analytics
- 8-10 years of experience in organizational development/effectiveness execution, process improvement and/or project management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of organizational policies and practices in large and complex organizations is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Google Suite/ MS Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) proficiency
- Experience in Enterprise Systems implementation.
- Knowledge, Skills and CompetenciesStrong facilitation, mentorship and coaching skills
- Experience in international/global workforce in African context and possess cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge of and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Successful skills and ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple projects in a fast paced and ever-changing multinational organization
- Ability to operate within a geographically dispersed organization
- Demonstrated computer literacy to include experience in talent management metrics
- Must be in full agreement and support of Amref’s Core Values, to evaluate candidate’s motivational fit for the organization.
- Second language such as, French is highly desirable
- Excellent communicator
- A leader and strategic thinker
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/vacancies/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be June 22, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.