Assistant Finance Manager job opportunity at BRAC Tanzania
Career with BRAC Tanzania Finance Limited
BRAC Tanzania Finance LTD (BTFL) is the largest Microfinance organization in Tanzania with a mission to responsibly provide a range of financial services to people at the bottom of the pyramid. We particularly focus on women living in poverty in rural and hard-to-reach areas to create self-employment opportunities, build financial resilience, and harness women’s entrepreneurial spirit by empowering them economically.
BTFL is part of BRAC International which is a leading non-profit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Founded in 1972, by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, BRAC is the largest non-governmental development organisation in the world and is present in 15 countries across Asia and Africa today. BRAC designs proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on various programmes, including health, agriculture, microfinance, education, and youth empowerment, is touching the lives of over 100 million people in the Global South.
BRAC Tanzania Finance LTD is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position.
Position: (1): ASSISTANT FINANCE MANAGER
Job Location: COUNTRY OFFICE- DAR ES SALAAM
1. To supervise all Divisional Accounts Managers/Regional Accounts Manager Activities and ensure strong controls on cash, inventory, and other assets.
2. To provide necessary assistance and direction in the field level regarding operations guidelines, expected challenges and suggested solutions emerging from system or operations.
3. To act as a bridge between Country office and field and take the required initiative in solving any issues faces finance and Accounts of all field & Country offices. Maintain inter department liaison with respective program to ensure effective communication and favourable working environment.
4. To keep an overall idea about the budget line items and follow up whether all expenses are properly recorded accordingly, maintaining all relevant supporting documents/ files in field offices and Country office as well.
5. To assist the field team on solving accounting system (T24, SBI and orbit) challenges and management of assets i.e., Cash, Fixed assets, Inventories, mobile money etc. and ensure regular provisional entries such as Depreciation are charged accurately and coordinate all bank or signatory changes.
6. To prepare Zanzibar Management account monthly and submit to Finance manager and Head of finance for review.
7. To prepare the monthly fund mobilization report and submit to the respective authorities & Head office which include producing Trial Balances for the monthly accounts to help the Finance Manager/ Head of Finance to ensure timely submission of the management accounts.
8. Safeguarding ResponsibilitiesEnsure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
9. Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
10. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
11. Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
1 Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in B. Com, Accounts / Finance, Business Administration, or related fields (professional qualification is an added advantage)
2 Minimum of 3 years working experience in Microfinance field operations.
3 Interpersonal communication skills and teamwork
4 Computer Skill
5 Entrepreneurship knowledge, Skills, and competencies
6 English and Swahili Language skills (Fluent)
7 Income Tax and Laws knowledge
8 Finance, Accounting, and budget knowledge
9 Accounting framework particularly from IFRS and IAS
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter through email to: email@example.com with a subject “Assistant Finance Manager”. The application deadline is 21.07.2023.