Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) 2023
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) Jobs 2023
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a government development finance institution operating under the Ministry of Finance and Planning. TADB is registered under the Companies Act, of 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No. 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, of 2012.
The Bank operates as a Development Finance Institution in line with its Business License No. 002 issued by the Bank of Tanzania on 4th August 2015.
TADB was established to facilitate the attainment of two broad goals which are:
- Facilitating attainment of sustainable food self-sufficiency and security in Tanzania.
- Facilitating the transformation of agriculture from subsistence to commercial in order to effectively and sustainably contribute to economic growth and poverty reduction.
To be a world-class model agriculture development bank that supports and promotes Tanzania’s agriculture transformation from subsistence to commercialized modern farming, as well as support the development of agriculture business in contributing to economic growth and poverty reduction.
To facilitate development and support transformation of the agriculture sector by providing short, medium, and long-term finance to agriculture projects in Tanzania that promote economic growth, food security, and reduction of poverty.
TADB is looking to fill in the below vacancies:
PRINCIPAL CREDIT APPRAISAL OFFICER
OPEN POSITIONS – 1
WORKSTATION: HQ (DAR ES SALAAM)
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The job holder reports to the Credit Appraisal Manager. He/She is responsible in conjunction with the Credit
Appraisal Manager in appraising projects and maintaining client relationships.
- To provide direct (specialist/ professional) credit assessment and evaluation to whether the credit proposal meets criteria and counter-party credit risk falls within acceptable parameters, and independently recommend appropriate credit proposals, including; terms or conditions where necessary to ring-fence the facilities and related cash flows towards repayment of the facilities to the bank.
- To provide expert input for all papers (for tabling at the Credit Committee/Board Business Committees) to the Credit Appraisal Manager and Director of Credit and Business, and ensuring ample time for their review.
- To identify, quantify and evaluate sources of risks and (where possible) provide mitigation.
- To interrogate information obtained to gain a thorough understanding of business parameters, which create profit/ value as well as the associated risks.
- Be able to defend your own judgment in a manner that does not negatively affect the business relationship.
- To build a smooth working relationship with Zone officers to improve the quality of business proposals and turnaround times on credit evaluation.
- To detect and evaluate shifts or changes in key risk parameters in a business relationship or industry and evaluate the implications of such changes on continued business dealings.
- Take and or recommend remedial /appropriate actions for deteriorating exposure identified during the credit review process.
- To participate in the preparation of several credit reports that shall be required from time to time.
- To participate in several policies review, procedures, and manual preparation relates to credit function.
- To visit projects in different zones within the country for project familiarization on both new and existing clients requesting credit facilities (new loans/renew/enhancement/restructuring etc.).
- To follow up on covenants set during the approval of credit facilities (pre-disbursement and subsequent conditions) to make sure they have been adhered to.
- To assist in providing training and business advisory services to colleagues in lending (Zone officers, junior credit appraisal officers, interns) as well as clients.
- To ensure the necessary and relevant bank records, e.g. loan files, are kept and updated as required.
- To carry out any other duties assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in credit appraisal/analysis especially those related to agricultural finance for corporate, emerging corporate businesses, SMEs, cooperatives, smaller holder farmers, etc.
- Ability to communicate and present information well both orally and written.
- Proven good interpersonal skills in a Business and Credit environment.
- Knowledge of Bank Credit Products with a focus on agricultural finance.
- Detailed knowledge of credit analysis techniques
- Communications and presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills including the ability to take a clear position (and defend it if needed) with regard to a credit decision about credit facilities.
- Excellent understanding of credit and associated risks
- Excellent understanding and in-depth knowledge of the agricultural sector in Tanzania and worldwide at large.
- Ability to develop action plans to achieve work outputs, identify resources required, and implement the action plan.
- Ability to identify areas where the bank can be more effective, and propose plans to implement these changes.
- Ability to take responsibility for meeting client needs.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improving client services.
- Demonstrates trust in working with colleagues, helps others in achieving targets, and gives open and constructive feedback.
- Ability to analyze the process required in undertaking a piece of work in order to plan tasks.
- Ability to evaluate credit application proposals.
- Ability to interpret financial statements.
- Ability to prepare, write and present credit reports.
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree/postgraduate qualification in Economics, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Finance, Accounts, Banking, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in credit assessment and or relationship banking at a Senior Officer level.
- Computer literate.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through the TADB career portal: https://www.tadb.co.tz/careers/ or send their application through the email: email@example.com
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application.
- Application letter, showing how you meet the requirements of the position.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the candidate.
- Certified copies of relevant certificates.
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
- A strong portfolio of Creative Design work (applies for Public Relations and Marketing applicants only).
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on 12th June 2023.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.