Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) 2023
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) Jobs 2023
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a government development finance institution operating under the Ministry of Finance and Planning. TADB is registered under the Companies Act, of 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No. 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, of 2012.
The Bank operates as a Development Finance Institution in line with its Business License No. 002 issued by the Bank of Tanzania on 4th August 2015.
TADB was established to facilitate the attainment of two broad goals which are:
- Facilitating attainment of sustainable food self-sufficiency and security in Tanzania.
- Facilitating the transformation of agriculture from subsistence to commercial in order to effectively and sustainably contribute to economic growth and poverty reduction.
To be a world-class model agriculture development bank that supports and promotes Tanzania’s agriculture transformation from subsistence to commercialized modern farming, as well as support the development of agriculture business in contributing to economic growth and poverty reduction.
To facilitate development and support transformation of the agriculture sector by providing short, medium, and long-term finance to agriculture projects in Tanzania that promote economic growth, food security, and reduction of poverty.
TADB is looking to fill in the below vacancies:
Senior Business Development Officer 2 Posts at TADB Bank May, 2023
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
OPEN POSITIONS – 2
WORK STATION: NORTHERN ZONE (ARUSHA),
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Reporting to the Zonal Manager, the role holder is responsible for identifying, developing, and managing new business relationships for the bank within the zone.
- Prospecting for new business: SBDOs are responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities for the bank, including both individual, cooperatives and corporate customers.
This involves conducting market research, identifying potential customers, and developing a sales strategy.
- Building Relationships: SBDOs are responsible for building strong relationships with new and existing customers, as well as other stakeholders such as industry associations, related ministries, and other organizations. This involves networking, attending events, and developing rapport with key decision-makers.
- Cross-Selling Bank Products and Services: SBDOs must be knowledgeable about the bank’s products and services, and be able to identify opportunities to cross-sell them to existing and potential customers.
- Analyzing Financial Data: SBDOs must be able to analyze financial data and market trends to identify opportunities for the bank to expand its business.
- Developing Sales Proposals: SBDOs must be able to develop sales proposals and presentations that effectively communicate the bank’s value proposition to potential customers.
- Negotiating Deals: SBDOs must have strong negotiation skills to close deals with potential customers, including pricing, terms, and conditions.
- To initiate proposals for new business and develop relationships with prospective clients in conjunction with the Zonal Manager.
- Advice the Zonal Manager on all matters in the department.
- Develop and market the bank’s business through contact with corporate customers, high net-worth individuals, government and quasi-government bodies, and other prospective clients.
- Identify companies/institutions within a zone of good credit standing likely to have a requirement for the corporate banking services of the bank.
- Identify and develop business opportunities with companies/clients at a satisfactory rate of return to the bank.
- Serve clients’ needs through a range of bank’s products and services by originating loans and projects.
- Provide a superior level of customer relations and service; and ensure compliance with bank’s policies and procedures.
- Provide support to driving different business engagements and initiatives within a zone in conjunction with the Zonal Manager.
- Provide support to developing, orchestrating and implementing effective internal and external business strategies.
- Provide support to promoting a pro-business mindset and culture in the Bank’s environment.
- Obtain all client information necessary for the appraisal of a credit proposition and liaise with Credit Analysts as and when appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of business plans and budgets for the zone.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager/Supervisor.
- Ability to identify business areas where the bank can be more effective, and propose plans to implement these changes.
- Analytical skills: Experience in interpreting financial information/statements.
- Ability to evaluate credit application proposals.
- Industry knowledge: Candid knowledge of products in the industry and the business opportunities that underlie these areas.
- Sales skills.
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
- University Graduate in Economics, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Finance, Accounts, Banking or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business development and or relationship banking at Officer level.
- Computer literate.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through the TADB career portal: https://www.tadb.co.tz/careers/ or send their application through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application.
- Application letter, showing how you meet the requirements of the position.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the candidate.
- Certified copies of relevant certificates.
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
- A strong portfolio of Creative Design work (applies for Public Relations and Marketing applicants only).
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on 12th June 2023.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.