|Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Tanzania Jobs 2023
Radio Operator at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) June, 2023
Title: RADIO OPERATOR
Direct Reports: Logistics Team Leader (LTL)
Location : LIWALE
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Literacy. Desirable secondary education.
- Desirable work experience as radio operator in related jobs.
- Essential basic knowledge on mathematics, mechanics, electronic principles.
- Results and quality orientation.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Behavioural Flexibility.
- Commitment to MSF Principles.
- Stress Management.
- English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
Operating the VHF and HF radios, in accordance with the MSF security protocols and rules, in order to ensure quality and confidential radio communications for the operational needs of the mission/projects.
- Operating the HF and VHF radios, avoiding using any sensitive or security related information and following the MSF security rules. Ensures radio frequencies’ (HF and VHF) quality and transmission capacity. Installs and programs frequencies in all type of radios when necessary.
- Ensuring that messages are well copied/passed to all people concerned and records the messages on the radio log book. Responding to radio contacts from other approved organizations and forwarding it on the information via this channel.
- Making radio contacts with reference base (capital and/or field) according to communication rules / schedules and forwards all information concerning the security of the teams to the Project/Capital Coordinator.
- Monitoring and registering any movement of people, vehicles, helicopters, airplanes and cargo, (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, standard contact points) and informs line manager of any delays.
- Supervising and monitoring the VHF radio allocation book (handsets) and registering the loan of handsets to all staff, following it up on a regular basis.
- Installing, operating and performing preventive maintenance checks on assigned equipment, checking that the equipment is working properly and immediately informing the line manager of any damage/loss/theft. Maintaining the equipment, communications room and premises in clean and tidy conditions. Maintaining and supervising HF VHF batteries status in good maintenance conditions.
- Providing basic radio training when necessary to MSF staff.
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Sunday, June 25th, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “ RADIO OPERATOR”.
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org The applications can also be sent to P.O.Box 83, Kibondo or submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Office – Liwale
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- People living with disability and minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially.
If you have any questions or requests, you can contact MSFCH-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted