Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Opportunities at UZIKWASA, 2023
UZIKWASA Jobs, 2023
Radio Editor job Opportunity at UZIKWASA June, 2023
UZIKWASA runs its own community radio station Pangani FM which is a key component in UZIKWASA’s communication efforts. The radio is also a part of a comprehensive impact and process monitoring system. UZIKWASA is looking for a committed, highly motivated and energetic Tanzanian for the position of a Radio Editor.
- S/he has editorial control of all Pangani FM programs and supports the radio program team through addressing capacity gaps in radio programming. Supported by the radio station manager s/he provides competent leadership in the production of high-quality radio programs that re-enforce UZIKWASA overall program focus, reflecting community priorities and ownership. This involves working closely with the UZIKWASA program team and monitoring team in the development of a dynamic and innovative radio content through the delivery of interactive programs that stimulate and maintain a continuous community dialogue about pressing development issues.
- Specifically, s/he: Ensures that all radio programs are in line with legal requirements of the country, Pangani FM policies and professional editorial standards.
- Identifies editorial shortcomings in post-mortem meetings and facilitate continuous improvement of programmes
- Guides radio staff and volunteers in the collection of information and in conducting interviews with community members to ensure that the information is adequate and appropriate for the development of quality and innovative radio programmes.
- Ensures that daily program schedules are planned strategically with key educational programs to be broadcasted at peak times
- On a daily basis determines running order of programs, advertisements, audio spots, breaking news and other program components and ensure adherence to it.
- Reviews and approves running order within each program and ensure content, focus and presentation style are of required standard.
- Works closely with UZIKWASA program team in the design, production and promotion of innovative and interactive radio programs.
- Provides and receives feedback and encourage critical and constructive output reviews
- Ensures timely production of programs and provide quick solutions for program alternatives in the case of unforeseen events
- Guides radio staff in carrying out comprehensive data research and collection of information through internet and other sources.
- Monitors programs while broad casted to ensure content, sequence and sound quality are satisfactory.
- Ensures music library is up to date and tracks are stored adequately.
- Ensures that all programs are attractive, avoid monotony and maintain high audience ratings
- To identify staff potential and assign them in line with program requirements
- Ensure production and airing of regular audio spots to promote radio programs and create awareness about UZIKWASA programs, activities and events.
- Ensure efficient filing of announcements, audio spots and other program components.
The applicant is confident in working with a creative team and able to lead others to develop their full capacity. S/he encourages innovativeness and creativity in program design. This includes ability to provide and receive feedback and facilitate critical and constructive output reviews. S/he is keen to work in an environment of shared learning and innovation and s/he is able to “think out of the box” realising the special role that the radio has in the delivery of UZIKWASA grass root interventions.
- Degree in Journalism/ Mass communication or similar qualification. A minimum of 4 years’ experience in radio programming is a must.
- Advanced computer skills including familiarity with common editing software such as Adobe audition.
- Proficiency in Kiswahili and English (written and spoken) is a requirement.
Send your C.V and at least two letters of reference; a statement of not more than one page on your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; UZIKWASA is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: July 7. 2023
UZIKWASA P.O Box 1, Pangani, Tanga Email: email@example.com