Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Jobs 2023
Junior Advisor (PRoLA ) at GIZ July, 2023
Access to Justice remains a big challenge worldwide and in Tanzania and coordinated efforts are needed to enhance access to justice for vulnerable citizens, particularly women, and economic stakeholders. The Regional Project “Promotion of Rule of Law and Judiciary in Africa “promotes an increased exchange and learning between the four partner countries Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, and Tanzania and implements targeted activities in all four partner countries.
In Tanzania, the project is jointly implemented by the Ministry of Constitutional and Legal Affairs (MoCLA) and GIZ and in collaboration with the Access to Justice for Women and Children/ Society in Action for Equality (SAFE) programme. It will work towards (1) improved access to justice for vulnerable citizens, especially for women, (2) improved access to justice for entrepreneurs and training of professionals in the field of alternative dispute resolution, (3) improving the independence and transparency of the judiciary and (4) improved access to Information on access to justice.
The Project is seeking to recruit a Junior Advisor to support the development and implementation of the project with regards to access to justice with a focus on the activities implemented in Tanzania.
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Fixed term contract
Job location: Band 3
- Supporting the assessment of needs and potentials of beneficiary groups in the project’s fields of
- Establishing a good flow of communication and information-sharing with project partners (civil society, partner ministry, trade unions, etc.) and other stakeholders.
- Contributing to the strategic planning and conceptualizing of the project’s (sub-) objectives and implementation.
- Technical/thematic planning, preparation, and implementation of project activities.
- Conducting surveys of project beneficiaries, monitoring the project’s objectives and indicators, as well
- as evaluating project activities and promoting knowledge management.
- Supporting the internal Monitoring and Evaluation of the project and contributing to the reports to the commissioning party.
- Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management in all the four implementing countries Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana and Tanzania as well as in the support of other projects in the area of Human Rights and Gender.
- Masters in law, Political Science, International Relations or other relevant degree.
- At least 2 years of professional experiences with or in government institutions or development/
- international organizations.
- Proven experience in advising partner institutions in related thematic areas, especially access to justice and legal aid, rule of law, human rights, gender.
- Proven experience in project management, network management and stakeholder dialogues.
- Proven experience in designing, organizing, and facilitating trainings, workshops, and conferences.
- Professional experience with regards to alternative dispute resolution is a clear advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and networking skills. Very good self-organization, high motivation and commitment to contribute to achieving the project objectives
- Good understanding of the justice system in Tanzania and barriers in access to justice for vulnerable groups, especially women.
- Knowledge about dispute resolution methods used by small and medium sized businesses.
- Ability to work in an international and intercultural team situated in Tanzania, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana and
- Senegal, international experience an advantage.
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Swahilli. French and German language knowledge is an asset but not a requirement.
- Very good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Excel
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to email@example.com
Please use the subject line “ Junior Advisor (PRoLA)– Dar es Salaam”.
Closing date for submission: 21.07.2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability, or any other minority group.