1. Geological Technician Job Vacancy at Barrick
Position Description North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Geological Technician to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara The North Mara gold mine is in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border. North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabigena (open pit).
- All incidents are reported and investigated according to procedure and on time.
- Assist with any other accident investigation when required.
- Commitment to identification, notification and/or rectification of all unsafe acts, situations and hazards within the workplace
- 90% of peers believe that you add value to their work.
- Contribute actively, think critically, support peers during daily and weekly production and planning meetings.
- Contribute to the appropriate business outcomes by ensuring the timely delivery of accurate geological data, knowledge, reports and documents.
- 10% reduction of the drilling cost by managing the storage,distribution and use of drilling supplies and equipment
- Maintain sampling at a high standards and ongoing basis operate field equipment.
- Maintain high standard of record keeping of activities of other Technician and Assistants
- Ensuring the dril samples are collected in accordance with the SOP including recording of all required information and routine quality assurance and quality control practices.
- Facilitate the timely picking-up of drilling samples from the pits and subsequent dispatch to the laboratory.
- Sort, store and retrieve pulp and coarse rejects samples.
- Report oil and diesel spills and leaking equipment
- Ensure an appropriate and sufficient stock of drilling program and safety consumables is always available.
- Carry out mark out to the required standard for mining.
- Perform ore spotting.
- Maintain equipment, vehicles and facilities.
- Assist with and participate in training programs for the development of all Geological Technicians and Assistants
- Control and maintain the daily blending strategy and direct and record ore trucks onto appropriate stockpile.
- Accurate recording of daily production Update of mining faces on dig plans
- Mark out / label stockpiles as well updating faces on map.
- Perform geological and / or face mapping producing maps to the standard required for mining plans.
- Accurate geological logs of drillholes
- Accurate measure location of blast movement balls before and after blasting
- Accurate update of geological database
- Diploma or Certificate in Geology or Tertiary in Geological Technician
- Knowledge in data entry software’s
- Driver’s license and pit/mine driving permit
Experience And Competencies Needed.
- 3-5 years’ experience in mine and exploration geology, 1 years’ experience in operational leadership role
- Experience in managing Geology consumables and costs.
- The ability to coach, mentor and train Geology staff to assume higher positions of responsibility.
- Familiar with the mining environment and its associated hazards
- Actively recognizes and manages hazards in their working environment.
- Able to drive a light vehicle according to LV standard operating procedure.
- Able to learn rapidly from attempts, building positive experience.
- Co-ordinated with a big picture focus but also an eye for detail
- Able to investigate, inform and influence without intimidating or instructing.
- Values leadership, working across knowledge fields and parallel processing of different options.
- Values developing people in their team to reach their potential.
- Demonstrated ability to identify where and how to use various methods with team members with some examples of systems development.
- Demonstrated Systemic development and implementation.
2. Senior Geologist Job Openings at BARRICK GROUP