About the job
Mobile Equipment Operator III – Loader Job At North Mara Gold Mine Limited
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Mobile Equipment Operator III – Loader to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
- Responsible for the operation of a front-end loader to lift and transport bulk materials to and from storage areas, feed conveyors, hoppers, and load trucks.
- Verify the amount of Tailing Stock in storage bins and fill hoppers to ensure adequate quantity and quality of raw materials are maintained.
- Participate in making sure the quality and quantity of raw materials meet established standards.
- Ensure assigned established performance indicators are met.
- Work toward the improvement of the assigned plant and surrounding area.
- Follow established environmental procedures to ensure that the plant for which he/she is working complies with Safety requirements
- Work with the Paste plant foreman, Paste Dispatcher, and other personnel to resolve problems, provide immediate feedback, and recommend solutions to improve performance.
- Haul cement and/or additives from the storage area in bulk or bags.
- Ensure that any damage to plant, vehicles or machinery is reported and that a pre-start check is completed prior to operating any vehicle or heavy machinery.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported as required under the safety Act and Regulations and according to Company policy.
- Ensure oncoming operator is given all relevant information relating to the current status and condition of your working areas.
- Accurate and timely completion of timecards at the end of each shift.
- Ensure Pre-start check lists are filled and returned to the shift supervisor
- Keep equipment and always working area clean. Clean spillage from trucks, walks, driveways
- Secondary School Certificate / Vocational Training/ Apprenticeship in a related field / college program in heavy equipment operation
- Hold a valid Tanzanian driver’s license
- Heavy Mobile equipment operation skills.
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness
Experience And Competencies Needed
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment skills
- Experience in operating both wet or dry feed paste plants
- Previous experience in a similar role essential.
- Familiarity with Paste or process plant conveyor system
- Current and valid Driver’s License.
- Confined Space ticket.
- Telehandler (desirable)
- Forklift ticket (desirable)
- Front End Loader/ Skid steer (must)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work effectively in a team environment; and
- A strong commitment to workplace safety and a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience in dealing with Multicultural environment
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in mining environment as a “Loader Operator”
- Preferably process or paste plants feeding points
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn .
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit). The process plant has the capacity to process an average of 8,000 tonnes of ore per day.