| AB InBev
locations TANZANIA ARUSHA
time type Full time
job requisition id 30044869
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity, and provide them with the teammates, resources and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
The key purpose of this role is to (The role is responsible for supporting the IT projects and operational activities at the NE regions, also, championing the role out of commercial/digital transformation projects in the NE region.
In collaboration with Tech Ops Manager, system experts and information security experts the Tech Specialist is expected to schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems promptly and accurately in the NE region.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Ensure Data Centre equipment (servers, switches) and infrastructure facilities (Cooling, Power, UPS, and Fire Suppression/Extinguishers) are maintained according to ABI standards
- Work closely with departmental managers in the NE region to determine future IT/tech needs and plan for network changes
- Install, upgrade, and maintain corporate virtual and physical PC’s, IP Telephone systems, and tablets, servers, printers, and other associated hardware and software
- Be first point of contact for all business applications queries raised from NE ensuring minimum down and recovery time
- Ensure daily Service Desk activities are carried out within the associated SLA
- Provide training and coaching to users on various digital tools of work to increase knowledge and skills
- Provide related assistance as required for special projects
- Asset tracking and management of all ICT Hardware and Software resources i.e., keep track of Received items, allocation, distribution, and replacement of all Hardware. Also including performing and implementing Hardware preventive maintenance
- Use Meraki Dashboard Cloud Network Monitoring tool to monitor and manage LAN and WAN performance
- Ensure consistent improvement of network performance with high availability and reliability with minimum disruptions
Key Attributes & Competencies:
- Technical skills to effectively perform or guide the performance of network infrastructure design and operations activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produces high-quality service
- Knowledge and practical application of all relevant organizational policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks
- Self-empowerment to enable the development of open communication, teamwork and trust needed to support performance and customer-service-oriented culture
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external) and other stakeholders who impact performance
- Adv diploma in Information technology/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Telecommunications.
- Degree is an added advantage.
Location and reporting structure
- Based in Arusha
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer, and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than 27th June, 2023.