|World Health Organization (WHO)
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies United Nations at World Health Organization (WHO) 2023
World Health Organization (WHO) Jobs, 2023
Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 07 months
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar-es-Salaam
Organization: AF_TZA Tanzania
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
UHPR ToR for the national consultant in support of the conduct of the UHPR in the Republic of Tanzania
Grade : NOC
Place : Dar Es Salaam
Type of contract : Consultant
Duration : 7 months
Publication of the position : …..
Début de la consultation prévue pour ; —–
Contrat administré par : EPR/UHC_WCO
1. Purpose of the consultation
Support the WHO Tanzania country office in the implementation and coordination of the technical components of the Universal Health and Preparedness Review. (UHPR=Universal Health and Preparedness Review).
2. Background and rationale
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, more effective rules, better implementation, and more robust oversight of national, regional, and international responses are needed to support global preparedness. Therefore, global health governance and member state accountability must undergo a paradigm shift.
The UHPR is a game-changing platform to promote regular intergovernmental dialogue among Member States. The UHPR will strengthen country capacity for health emergency preparedness by engaging national leadership at the highest level, catalyzing pragmatic and specific actions based on the best available information, which will result in sustained attention and funding for preparedness. The Republic of Congo is committed to the implementation of the UHPR.
At the national level, the UHPR review has the effect of: :
– Elevate health security matters to the highest level of government,
– Prioritize actions and areas that require urgent attention on an ongoing basis,
– Establish and maintain multi-sectoral dialogue and engagement,
– Promote reliable and sustainable domestic financing,
– Advance partner contributions by leveraging the findings of the UHPR report and the recommendations of the Global Peer Review Committee report..
At the global level, the UHPR will :
– Promote dialogue between countries on emergency preparedness,
– Identify areas for exchange of experience and good practice among WHO member states, as well as sharing of solutions and innovations,
– Intensify technical cooperation among member states,
– Establish shared responsibility and reciprocal accountability among WHO Member States.
For all these reasons, WHO Congo is recruiting a national consultant for the implementation of the UHPR in the Republic of Tanzania.
2. Objects of the Consultation
Under the coordination of the WHO Representative and the supervision of the Health Emergencies Focal Point, the consultant will support the WHO Congo office in coordinating the technical components of the Universal Health and Preparedness Review (UHPR) in the following areas :
i) the development of technical documents necessary for the process, implementation and monitoring of the UHPR ;
ii) the development of the UHPR national report ;
iii) The development of a plan for the deployment of UHPR pilot projects in Tanzania..
iv) Reviewing, refining and integrating technical input from stakeholders into various technical documents, tools and processes.
3. Technical supervision
The selected consultant will work under the supervision of EPR Cluster Lead
- Support the WHO Country Representative in conducting advocacy with government, parliamentary and societal authorities..
- Conduct a literature review of existing reference documents and evaluative reports of the national security system and health services in the country. Conduct a literature review of existing reference documents and evaluative reports of the national security system and health services in the country.
- Submit a draft dashboard to the high representative of the Presidency of the Republic, the Prime Minister’s Office and key ministries for validation
- Submit a UHPR draft report.
- Coordination of the implementation of the UHPR.
5. Requirements of the consultant :
a) – Requested qualification :
– Required : Doctorate, certifications or training in health emergency preparedness and response, governance or related areas of health security and universal health coverage.
– Desirable : Master’s degree in public health.
b) – Experience required :
– Required : Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the areas of health policy development, strategic planning, operational planning of responses to public health emergencies, development of monitoring and evaluation tools for responses to public health emergencies, conducting data collection activities with actors involved in public health interventions, multidisciplinary technical collaboration, technical cooperation with international partners, development of advocacy tools for the mobilization of international resources.
– Desirable : Relevant experience working for a national or local authority. Extensive experience working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
c) – Languages :
– Excellent proficiency in English.
– Knowledge of UN Languages will be an added advantage
6. Employment conditions :
– The duration of the consultation is three months minimum. It could be extended if necessary;
– The consultant will work closely with Ministry of Health o and government officials in the implementation of the process.
– Any report produced, once elaborated, will be submitted to the WHO Representative for clearance before dissemination.
Job Posting: Jul 12, 2023, 1:04:18 PM
Closing Date: Aug 3, 2023, 12:59:00 AM