Jobs in Tanzania 2022: New Jobs Vacancies at Global Volunteers Tanzania 2022
Global Volunteers Tanzania Jobs, 2023
Assistant Laboratory Technician / Receptionist
Assistant Laboratory Technician / Receptionist at Global Volunteers July, 2023
TITLE: ASSISTANT LABORATORY TECHNICIAN / RECEPTIONIST – 1 POST
Global Volunteers is a private, nonsectarian, international, human and economic development organization in consultative status with the United Nations. Established in 1984, Global Volunteers is one of the largest organizations of its kind having engaged more than 34,000 volunteers in 34 countries. At the invitation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania, Iringa Diocese, Global Volunteers has worked in the Iringa region since 1987.
Reaching Children Potential (RCP) program is a child-focused, parent-driven, family-centered, and community-led comprehensive approach that begins with pregnancy, continues through the 18th birthday with emphasis on the first 1,000 days of life.
This program offers parents the tools to deliver the 12 essential services prescribed by UN agencies in the Essential Package. We organized these services into three major categories – eradicating Hunger, improving Health, and enhancing Cognition. Hunger and Health directly support Cognition. Learn more at https://globalvolunteers.org/tanzania-rcp-you-can-make-the-difference/
Position: Assistant Laboratory Technician / Receptionist – 1 Post
Duty Station: Ipalamwa General Clinic, Ukwega Ward, Kilolo District – Iringa Region.
Responsible for performing routine laboratory investigations for patients. Ensure security and hygiene measures are respected at all times.
The candidate will be responsible for medical records registration and storage of records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To perform routine registration of new and return patients;
- To file patients records and case-notes;
- To maintain an appropriate record keeping system based on existing filing system;
- To maintain systems for appointments and registration of patients;
- To prepare and issue new files
- To collect and sort Laboratory results into patients’ files
- Transferring paper-based patient records to an electronic system;
- Ensuring that all medical records are protected and kept confidential;
- Collect samples, interpret laboratory results, communicate findings to clinicians and file reports while ensuring confidentiality
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria, including universal precautions, are met; manage waste as per good laboratory practices
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Global Volunteers is looking for individuals who are responsible, enthusiastic, quick learners, and able to work well with others of varying backgrounds and education levels.
This individual must be well grounded in and have a strong commitment to Global Volunteers’ Philosophy of Service and the goals of the organization. Must communicate clearly in oral and written form. Required to have strong people skills. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and manage a substantial caseload. Must have demonstrated ability in spreadsheet (MS EXCEL) and Internet applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENT:
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from accredited and recognized Institution
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time job (40+ hours per week)
REPORTABILITY: The post holder will be reporting to Clinic manager.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter through firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 04th August, 2023.