BRAC International Tanzania Jobs 2023
Career with BRAC International
BRAC International is a leading non-profit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Founded in 1972, by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, BRAC is the largest non-governmental development organisation in the world, and is present in 15 countries across Asia and Africa today. BRAC designs proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on various programmes, including health, agriculture, microfinance, education, and youth empowerment, is touching the lives of over 100 million people in the Global South.
BRAC International Holdings B.V. (BIHBV) was set up in 2010 as a private limited liability company under the laws of the Netherlands and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Stichting BRAC International. BIHBV is a socially responsible for-profit organisation, engaging people in sustainable economic and income-generating activities. The core focus of BIHBV is to provide microfinance services to people, particularly women, living in poverty in rural and hard-to- reach areas to build their financial resilience and improve the quality of life for them and their families.
BRAC has been one of the pioneers of microfinance since it first started in 1974. BRAC first expanded its microfinance operations internationally in 2002 and now operates in six countries outside of Bangladesh – Myanmar, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Sierra Leone and Liberia. Together, these six entities serve more than 750,000 clients, 96% of whom are women.
BRAC International Microfinance’s mission is to provide a range of financial services responsibly to people at the bottom of the pyramid. It particularly focuses on women living in poverty in rural and hard-to-reach areas, to create self-employment opportunities, build financial resilience, and harness women’s entrepreneurial spirit by empowering them economically.
BRAC International Microfinance is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Senior Manager, Infrastructure and Cyber Security
The Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure & Cyber security will lead efforts of IT Teams to ensure the efficient and cybersecure design, installation, and operation of IT infrastructure at all Data Centers (physical or cloud-based) in Head Office and country offices. This will include all components of the Wide Area Network (routers, switches, firewalls), server infrastructure (including operating systems and Microsoft Windows Active Directory), Amazon Web Services, electronic mail, Internet service and components of any digital financial services infrastructure e.g., Enterprise Service Bus, field data collection systems/tablets.
The role will (1) lead innovation through research and applied forward thinking to employ and deploy cybersecure cloud-based technology and infrastructure services across BI MF (2) ensure the highest level of technical services support is provided to Country Offices (3) manage and ensure in conjunction with Country IT Teams that all field work and infrastructure projects are delivered in a timely manner and meet or exceed accepted standards of quality, (4) provide remote and on-site technical support for escalated issue resolution when necessary and (5) maintains positive relationships with BI Service Partners to achieve overall BI MF IT goals.
The key responsibilities include but not limited to the following
- Works with BI strategic service partners and Country IT managers to design systems architecture, build and deploy at Country offices
- Monitors and ensures high quality IT Service Partner service delivery
- Provides expert infrastructure, cloud services (AWS) and cybersecurity support to global IT project implementations.
- Significantly contributes to achieving the global IT strategic objectives and ensures effective solutions are created and implemented to meet business requirements
- Ensures an effective and validated Disaster Recovery infrastructure exists for each country office
- Develops a cybersecurity and infrastructure system monitoring strategy, using an effective tool portfolio
- Creates a communication plan to ensure all employees are well-informed of architecture standards, implementation guidelines and process expectations
- Acts as the lead systems architect for all system design and implementation activities
- Prepares and executes timely and effective Technical Refresh and System Upgrade initiatives
- Protects all cloud data via effective security, storage, backup/recovery and disaster recovery techniques
- Adheres to audit and compliance expectations and continually seeks to improve system controls and cybersecurity
- Ensures that all implementation initiatives follow established change management policies/ITIL compliant processes
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Develop and maintain own knowledge, expertise, and professionalism.
- Keep abreast of current developments in microfinance and IT industry.
- Remain current with organization’s technological requirements and new developments in the industry.
- Meet personal training and development needs through relevant professional and commercial training and networking.
- At least Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or Information technology.
- Professional certification in ITIL Foundation and Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Microsoft or Unix/Linux Certification
Skills and Competencies Requirements:
- Ability to work effectively and maintain partnerships with service vendors
- Requires an understanding of, and a commitment to advancing the mission and core values of BRAC International and, the ability to incorporate them into the job setting and articulate them to staff
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Persuading and influencing
- Implementation and management of infrastructure platforms or components like Unix, Windows, Storage Technologies, Databases, Middleware, Capacity Management, etc.
- Proficient in Networking and Communications
- Allocate and manage the resources, support and infrastructure required for any IT projects, products and services
- Able to interpret global market trends, enabling a competitive edge to drive innovation
- 10+ years of experience in managing technical and infrastructure services
- Must have proven leadership skills and strategic planning capability
- Must be ITIL certified and certified in Cybersecurity
- Experience with securing applications, networks and databases is mandatory
- Must have experience with Disaster Recovery System Design and Recovery Planning
- Experience with Enterprise Systems Monitoring and Management Tools required
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: Preferably in either of the BRAC International Microfinance operating countries in Africa (Ghana/Uganda/Tanzania/Liberia/Sierra Leone/Rwanda) or the regional office in Kenya.
How to apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a brief introductory letter indicating current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 38/23 in the subject bar. Only complete applications will be accepted, and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 16th August, 2023.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are the part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.