BRAC International Tanzania Jobs 2023
Career with BRAC Tanzania Finance Limited
BRAC Tanzania Finance LTD (BTFL) is the largest Microfinance organization in Tanzania with a mission to responsibly provide a range of financial services to people at the bottom of the pyramid. We particularly focus on women living in poverty in rural and hard-to-reach areas to create self-employment opportunities, build financial resilience, and harness women’s entrepreneurial spirit by empowering them economically.
BTFL is part of BRAC International which is a leading non-profit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Founded in 1972, by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, BRAC is the largest non-governmental development organisation in the world and is present in 15 countries across Asia and Africa today. BRAC designs proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on various programmes, including health, agriculture, microfinance, education, and youth empowerment, is touching the lives of over 100 million people in the Global South.
BRAC Tanzania Finance LTD is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individual to fill up the following positions below….
Head of Human Resources & Training
Head of Human Resources & Training at BRAC June, 2023
Position (1): Head of Human Resources & Training
Job Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Head of HR and Training is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. The HHR provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team and shareholders.
● Provide HR leadership; collaborate with the management team to design and implement Strategies to support organizational growth and culture.
● Collaborate with head office HR team in rolling out organizational development initiatives.
● Conduct ongoing analysis of the organization, monitoring and interpreting trends and key HR metrics.
● Manage full cycle of HR operations.
● Develop practices and programs that attract, retain and develop the best possible talent in the marketplace and makes the company attractive through competitive pay and an engaging culture.
● Capability building – the development of people and processes to ensure the delivery of HR services across the country and ensuring greater employee engagement, motivation and productivity.
● Selection and special projects – proposing and delivering new HR initiatives and cascading progressive HR practices, coordinating and communicating with head office and other countries, supporting change management programmes.
● HR Policy review and analytics – monitoring all aspects of HR compliance and employment legislation.
● HRIS – Monitor & guide the team to ensure that staff information is maintained & updated in the ERP HR system. supporting HRIS and evaluating relevant HR data.
● Implementing functional HRMS and internal databases across all departments and locations
● Overseeing our payroll and performance evaluation systems
● Relationship Management – managing the above whilst maintaining all relevant internal and external relationships.
● Review and update our employment contracts and agreements.
● Develop and implement departmental budget.
● Measure the effectiveness of our benefits programs and recommend improvements.
● Establish a safeguarding culture across all levels of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy.
● Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
● Responsible for ensuring team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
● Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
● A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, Industrial relations or related area of focus is required; master’s degree (e.g., MBA, MA-HR) is strongly preferred.
● Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management, HR Profession certification are an added advantage.
● Minimum 8 years HR experience with 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
● Experience working with a diverse workforce.
● Prior experience working within a financial institution & INGO is a plus.
● Experience of managing a large team
● Experience with Human Resources Information Systems including payroll tools.
● Ability to travel to domestic and international offices on short notice.
● Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
● Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
● Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
● Excellent organizational/leadership skills and attention to detail.
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
● Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
● Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
● Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Employment type: Contractual
Procurement Manager (AD# MCFBMT-2311)
Procurement Manager at BRAC June, 2023
To ensure efficiency, effectiveness, timely and value for money procurement of goods and services to support BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania operations while complying with the relevant policies and procedures.
● Manage annual procurement planning process and ensure smooth implementation of the same on a cost-effective manner.
● Develop, review, and ensure efficient and effective implementation of procurement policies and procedures of BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
● Develop, review and update list of prequalified potential and credible suppliers of goods, services and works.
● Receive and review all requisitions with detailed specification and justification (where required) and arrange immediate action following procurement guidelines.
● Manage procurement process to ensure Transparency, Fairness and competitive procurement of goods and services while maintaining highest level of Integrity in all sorts of procurements in line with procurement principles and best practices.
● Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors and service providers so as to obtain better deals and value for money in all procurement.
● Manage procurement process to ensure thorough documentation in line with the institutional policies and procedures and for audit trial.
● Identify suitable business, branch premises and work with legal department and management to negotiate and finalize leasing/tenancy agreements, ensure the building meet the construction and regulatory standards, well maintained, secure and satisfies health and occupation guidelines.
● Manage procurement of insurance services for premises, vehicles, assets, cash including monitoring performance of insurance service providers and follow up reimbursement claims for timely repayment.
● Manage procurement of security services; ensure both physical and automated security systems are effectively performing to secure workplace and safety of all assets, clients, and staff.
● Advice management on procurement, logistics and Administration matters and provide routine reports, updates and escalate all issues with potential to disrupt smooth business operations.
● Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to
achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
● Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
● Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
● Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same.
- Holder of a bachelor’s/master’s degree in Procurement and logistics management or any related field. CIPS, and/or other procurement professional certification from reputable institution will be added advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Computer Skill, project management,
• Interpersonal Skill, negotiation skills, networking skills.
• Good Team player
• Time Management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of procurement preferably in the NGO.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
MODE OF APPLICATION:
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned positions, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at: email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# ………………. in the subject bar. Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 23rd June 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.