|Girl Effect Tanzania
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Girl Effect Tanzania, 2023
Girl Effect Tanzania Jobs 2023
Programme Manager at Girl Effect Tanzania June, 2023
Who we are
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
In Tanzania, Girl Effect has launched a new youth brand, called Tujibebe, to deliver behaviour change via mobile products and off-line activities. It also runs a mobile based research programme operated by girls; TEGA:
- The brand includes a radio show, website, Facebook page and IVR content. We are also working towards partnering with existing networks of ambassadors and clubs to broaden the reach and impact of our products
- Our TEGA research programme is borne out of the understanding that an adolescent girl is more likely to feel comfortable speaking truthfully about her life to another girl like her. TEGA employs girls from hard to reach communities to become qualified researchers. By using girls with a shared identity, TEGA is proven to increase propensity for authentic responses
Context of the Role
The Programme Manager will manage implementation of Girl Effect’s projects in Tanzania which includes SRH programs targeting adolescent girls and young women. The PM will combine significant experience in the programme implementation in the SRH sector and of forging strategic partnerships with donors, governments, and communities.
What You will Do
- Programme Planning, Design, Implementation and Monitoring
- He /She will work with Girl Effect’s project teams to manage their performance, development and motivate them to go over and beyond.
- Responsible for implementation and management of projects
- Provide programme implementation oversight to ensure delivery of quality outputs on time and within budget which are likely to be approximately USD3-5 million
- You will manage a range of teams in zones and leading technical expert on operations and processes for implementing partners and government partners
- Collaborate with implementing partner to undertake effective monitoring and evaluation of the programme from programme design to delivery
- Provide progress updates and reports as per contractual donor requirements
- Develop annual plans, quarterly plans, monthly workplans of each project
- Assist with compliance with donor requirements, Government of Tanzania relevant regulations, and organizational policies and procedures
- Communicate regularly and effectively with various programme partners at sub-district, district, regional and national levels
Stakeholder Management – External
- Build strong and collaborative working relationships with key Government of Tanzania stakeholders – Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGE) and Presidents Office – Regional and Local Government (PO-RALG), Regional and Council Health Management Teams (R/DHMTs) while demonstrating high level engagement skills.
- Establish meaningful partnerships with supply-side health service providers in operational districts.
- Develop partnerships with proposed and future district partners
- Maintain and update mapping of MOH and immunization and technical working group meetings and strategies and ensure GE’s full participation at district, regional and national levels
- Conduct regular analyses of key health, education and nutrition indicators and reports in Tanzania and other countries of accreditation in order to inform GE’s strategic planning process.
Stakeholder Management – Internal
- Collaborate with our in-house technical experts and our Communications team to articulate our unique approach to programming for girls, helping to carve out a distinct niche for Girl Effect in the sector
- Inform the relevant internal teams on progress of all the programmes and solicit their support
Work Experience and Education Required
- At least 7 years of experience designing and implementing programmes in Tanzania in Health and SRHR in particular of approximately USD 3-5 millions in multiple regions and districts
- 7 years experience of working with a range of donors multi lateral and bi lateral for example USAID, SIDA, EU,FCDO etc
- A strong grasp of Gender and Gender Transformative Approaches is highly desirable
- Experience working with Child Protection or Safeguarding is desirable 3
- Experience meaningfully involving young people or beneficiaries in the design, delivery and governance of programming is also desirable
- A Master’s Degree in International Development or Public Health
Who You are
- Strategic thinker: we need a strategic thinker that is able to go beyond the obvious to spot and take advantage of immediate and long-term opportunities in a way that positions our organisation as a credible partner, innovator and leader
- Partnership builder: we need someone who is able to identify and create alignments between organisations and with governments, developing mutually beneficial partnerships across the International Development and Social Change sectors
- Communication skills: you need to be able to collaborate with teams to craft proposals and reports for potential donors and represent the organisation at high profile speaking events
- Mission alignment: we are looking for someone with a commitment to empowering adolescent girls and young women (youth in general); someone who believes in a girl’s right to take control of her health and her body, to pursue a livelihood of her own choice, to have a family when she’s ready, to make decisions for herself and her children.
- Team Player: we need someone who can effectively navigate working with the wider teams, in and out of country, to ensure that all relevant personnel are actively engaged and consulted through offline and digital channels.
- You need to be able to work with an array of digital platforms to achieve the same.
What Else You Should Know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight).
You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl Effect is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all those we work with and for, especially children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment, uphold standards in our safeguarding policy and our code of conduct. In particular:
- To take reasonable steps to prevent any harm caused by Girl Effect
- To report any safeguarding concerns through the reporting pathways
This role is being recruited as a 12 month fixed term contract.
Ability to travel within Tanzania for extended periods of time- up to 40% of the time is a requirement for this role.
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday 5th July 2023