|Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) 2023
Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) Jobs 2023
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Senior Officer – Industrial Relations
Position: Senior Officer – Industrial Relations
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: Industrial Relations Superintendent
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role exists to coordinate day-to-day industrial relation matters of Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML), taking into consideration prevailing labour legislations and existing agreements with Union. The Industrial Relations Officer is expected to work closely with union leaders/representatives, the Human Resources team and management, advising on disciplinary matters, grievance resolutions, union consultations, employment legislations, HR policies and staff welfare. The role is a key front-line support to all company initiatives geared towards building and sustaining a harmonious labour relationship at all times at the Mine.
- Minimum First Degree in Industrial Relations / Human Resources / Laws (LLB) / Public Administration.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- 3 – 5 years of working experience as a HR / Industrial Relations practitioner in a unionized workplace / environment.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Employee Disciplinary / Grievance Mechanism and Medical Board
- Work closely with Senior HR Officers in monitoring grievance and disciplinary cases and report to the Industrial Relations Superintendent (IRS) on weekly basis.
- Regular follow ups with respective HR officers and appointed Disciplinary Hearing Chairpersons to ensure cases are closed on time.
- Act as a secretary in disciplinary cases where required.
- Assist the IRS in reviewing disciplinary case files submitted to ensure all procedures are followed.
- Ensure proper filing / record keeping of disciplinary case files for both active and closed cases.
- Coordinate and attend all medical board sessions for prolonged sick employees, in liaisons with the Chief Medical Officer, respective HOD’s and HR Officers.
- Coordinate and facilitate training to line managers on disciplinary policy and procedures as and when required.
Trade Union Matters
- Consult with Trade Union on various day-to-day employee matters onsite, guided by applicable agreements, policies, and legislations.
- Maintain accurate documentations for all Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) negotiations, quarterly CBA review sessions and wage negotiations with Trade Union.
- Develop an annual schedule of monthly meetings between Trade Union and Management. Minutes of these meetings should be taken and well documented
- Ensure all union matters are well addressed to the entire workforce by working closely with senior HR officers.
- Always strive to maintain and ensure good relationship between union, employees, and management
HR Policies, Legal & advisory services
- Continuously scan, monitor, and familiarize with changes in Tanzania labour laws, and ensure management is updated accordingly. This includes updating the HR legal register and ensure it’s well communicated to the HR team.
- Assist the IRS in drafting new and amending HR Policies when the need arises. This includes working with the company document controller to ensure all HR policies are properly documented, controlled, and archived for audit purposes.
- Assist the IRS in providing legal opinion and interpretation to the HR team and line managers in terms of labour related matters.
- Receive and process all Staff Loans applications (Company & Bank loans) in liaisons with Finance Department and approved commercial banks.
- Review all staff loan applications against the requirements of the company Staff Loans’ policy
- Create and maintain a database of all loan applications and respective guarantors.
Employee & Employer Recognition
- Prepare and publish list of employees to be awarded for long service as per company long service award policy and practices. This includes working with the procurement function in obtaining materials approved for employee long service awards and supervise their distribution thereof.
- Organize departmental and overall best workers nominations for May Day celebration at National and Regional levels.
- Coordinate GGML’s participation on various awards including the ATE Employer of the Year Award. This may include coordinating completion of relevant questionnaires, evidence gathering, hosting of the award assessors, etc.
Employee Engagement & Sports
- Coordinate Employee Engagement Surveys / Culture Surveys and any other engagement campaigns as and when required, guided by corporate / regional office employee engagement guidelines / initiatives as communicated from time to time.
- Support all initiatives to ensure visibility of GGML Core Values across the workforce.
- Coordinate GGML’s participation on various sports tournaments e.g., SHIMUTA, guided by approved budget and practices.
- Facilitate new employees HR Induction on company HR policies and procedures. Role holder will be responsible for updating the HR induction pack from time to time to remain relevant with updated HR policies.
HSE & General
- Gather inputs and prepare weekly / monthly Industrial Relations report as guided.
- Assist the IRS in preparation of the Industrial Relations budget, as a crucial input to the annual HR operational budget (Opex).
- Demonstrate behaviors supportive of the company health, safety & environment (HSE) policies, including attending related meetings on weekly basis.
- Perform any other lawful tasks as assigned by management from time to time. This may include, but not limited to, relieving the IRS when out of office, etc.
- Previous exposure on Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) negotiations – preferred.
- Very good knowledge of Tanzanian employment legislations
- Good conflict / grievance resolution skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Computer literate (Outlook, MS Word, and Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and capable of working on various situations
- Self-initiative / able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent Communication Skills – both Written and Spoken English is essential.
- Able to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Strong Emotional Intelligence.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Senior Officer – Industrial Relations”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 18th July, 2023 at 5:30 PM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com