|Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) 2023
Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) Jobs 2023
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Service crew Job Openings at GGML company
Position: Service crew
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Underground mining
Reporting to: Supervisor Underground Mining
Number of Positions: Six (06)
Requisition ID: 21408
Category: Mine Operations
Posting Salary: Market Related
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The aims to install underground services such as Air lines, water lines, dewatering lines, secondary ventilation fans and vent ducting; Extend Jumbo and pump cables, firing lines and electrical cables.
- Completion of Secondary School Education.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- 0-2 years of operational experience in UG Mining environment or any industrial field
- Any Practical experience related to civil or Infrastructure works. Any Practical experience of operating OP mining or earthwork machinery.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Learn and follow the Safety requirements related to your work.
- Consider what could go wrong and what needs to be done to work safely before starting a task.
- Report to Supervisor if a task cannot be done safely
- Utilize Take 5 tool to identify Hazard at the workplace.
- Suggest ways to improve Safety performance.
- Promptly report all injuries, damages, or incidents.
- Help others to work safely.
2.Installation of Services underground – Air, water, and dewatering lines
- Stretch Poly to make it straight and tow to required location.
- Install, connect, and hang poly pipes on the J-triple hook hangers secured with chain and shackles.
- Install air droppers lifted at least 1.5m above the ground level,
- Blow pipes to free dirt inside pipes before connecting Headers on.
- Headers properly chained to the wall via an eye bolt or on the spilt set plate with shackles.
- Installation of Secondary ventilation.
- Install fan at correct location as per approved Installation plan.
- Install and tight by attaching to rock bolt with shackles a plastic-coated steel knocker line.
- Hang and Extend ventilation bags to at least 20m from the face.
3.Working with electrical submissible pumps underground
- Set the pump in the sump or in decline to pump out water.
- Hang and support the pump cable clear off the floor.
- Check the pump in the sumps and report any defect noted.
4.Cleaning of Mono Pumps:
- Open the drain valve to release mud ad dirt water.
- Hosing with mine pressurized water in the mono tank.
- Cleaning steel step ladders and landing platform.
- Inspect all connection on the pipes and on mono tank.
5.Installing, Grouting and Tensioning of Cable bolts
- Inspect, prepare equipment, tools and materials required for the job.
- Uncoil cable bolts, attach breather tubes, and transport them to working area.
- Safely insert cables into the holes and seal hole collar.
- Prepare Cement grout mix and grout the cables/holes to standard.
- Perform general housekeeping after the work is completed.
- After grout is set and hardened, apply Tension on the Cable bolt as per required Geotechnical standard.
6.Hanging and retrieving electrical cables:
- Hang cables on the backs, suspended on the hooks and separated from services
- Position cables and back-to-back connections to location where it cannot be damaged.
- Hang Jumbo Trail cables on L-pins and install Trail Cable sign on the ground.
- Rolling to inside an I.T Basket when retrieving cables.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Valid Tanzanian Driving License.
- Valid Blasting License (Supplementary)
- Thorough understanding and application of Job Safety Analysis Tool.
- Trained and competent to operate an Integrated Tool Carrier (I.T machine)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “ Service crew”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 21st July, 2023 at 5:30 PM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com