|Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) 2023
Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) Jobs 2023
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Specialist 1 – Safety Open Pit
Requisition ID: 21480
Posting Salary: Market Related
Post End Date: Aug 1, 2023
Post Start Date: Aug 1, 2023
Position: Specialist 1 – Safety Open Pit
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time Contract.
Department: HSE & Training
Reporting to: Superintendent Safety Open Pit
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
R PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Providing the technical support to GGM employees, visitors and contractors, in the Mining Open Pit Operations, Mine Tech Services, Geology, Services departments( HR, Finance, Community, Security, HSET, Communication) and all Contractors (Explosive supply, Drilling and blasting, labour hire supply, Civil and earthworks to mining, Bus transport, Aviation, Catering services) and Sub-contractors linked with provision of service to departments on both permanent and short term basis. Also assisting Superintendent Safety Open Pit, Manager Safety and ERT and Senior Manager HSE & T to develop and implement the GGM Integrated Safety Management System, Major hazard standard, Critical controls monitoring, Zero Harm innovation/initiatives and a safe working environment sufficient to maintain GGM’s social license to operate in Tanzania and comply with the AGA, Ghana and Tanzania BU and GGM frameworks for best practice internationally.
- Tertiary certificate/Diploma in Safety, NEBOSH, IOSH, SAMTRAC, SHEMTRAC, NOSHC
- I&II, Certified ISO 45001 Internal Auditor,
- Certified Incident Investigator, SDP, IMDP
- Certified vehicle or Equipment Inspector
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- 5 years’ experience in Safety Management
- Worked in open pit mining operation and able to operate at least two Heavy mobiles
- 2 Year worked and managed contractors who have international standards.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensuring that all services and operations are undertaken with due regard to the AGA OHS policy and standards in line with ISO 45001:2018 System, IMIU and ICMI code Requirements.
- Advise and assist the Superintendent Safety Open Pit to plan, implement and monitor implementation of the GGM Integrated Safety Management system, including ISO 45001:2018, legal, and AGA/CAR policy standards.
- Providing professional and technical support to the Superintendent Safety Open Pit in the monitoring and developing programs to ensure that all GGM operating procedures comply with AGA, CARO and GGM Safety frameworks and best practice standards.
- Conduct research and recommend to the Superintendent Safety Open Pit on developing Safety Programs based on new findings.
- Review safety performance and recommend to the Superintendent Safety Open Pit a systematic program to monitor employees, equipment, and contractors, for effective compliance with Safety Management practices, standards, and requirements.
- Cooperate, participate, and facilitate IIP & Advanced Investigations, with a focus on Near misses & High potential incidents.
- Actively support the implementations, review and monitoring of targeted Safety Campaigns and related improvement initiatives.
- Cooperate and Support the Safety superintendent Open Pit with the implementation of a GGM Fatal Risk Champion Program and related activities.
- Participate and coordinate risk assessment process on regular basis (BLRA, issue based and continuous.)
- Implement leading indicators Inspections, Hazards reporting and actions, Risk assessment, Plan tasks Observations, Safety Interventions, Safety Interaction, Caught in Act with the set target and deliverable. Further specific focus will be preparing Inspection Plan, manage implementation, daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly inspections, and report writing and regular follow up on the findings for closure. Also conduct regular unplanned workplace inspection/visits.
- Manage WMRS/ISIMS effectively and efficiently including training to all personnel under your area of accountability.
- Enforce Hazard Management Program, Facilitate AuRisk Review within Mining Open Pit and updates CURA system
- Develop your own PTOs Plans, undertake planned task observations, and assist with the development of job safety analysis.
- Development and regular review of Safe work procedures as per the requirement.
- Ensure emergency management program within your area is up to date and active including planning and conducting drills.
- To evaluate potentially hazardous situations involving chemical, physical, and ergonomic stressors, as well as matters related to general workers hygiene, to provide educational programs related to health to the workers.
- To conduct incident/accident investigations.
- To assist in the formulation and implementation of GGM policies, guidelines, procedures, and codes of practices in your area of accountability.
- To monitor and audit the GGM’s compliance with all acts, regulations, policies, codes, procedures, and guidelines around health and safety.
- To provide a liaison with appropriate government regulatory agencies with respect to compliance with existing legislation and with respect to the impact of proposed legislation on the Geita Gold Mine.
- Submission of monthly activity report and any other report as required.
- Train and provide coaching to HSE Reps within your area of accountability.
- Coordinate departmental & Contractors month safety meetings.
- Ensure all safety related support documents are in shared drives.
- Attend OHS Meetings and toolbox meetings as per the ISO 45001:2018 Communication, Consultation, Participation system element requirement.
- Assist and take part in the IMIU auditing processes
- Lead the review to all documentation to align to document KIOSKY requirement
- Provide coaching supports to HSE Reps within your area of accountability by initiating programs that will ensure their participation and skills growth in managing the OHS risks in their respective areas
- Facilitate the awareness of mining safe working procedure to all team in the mining operation
- Strong computer packages skills
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Mines Rescue experience.
- Accident/Incident Investigation course work.
- Understanding of leadership and how to ensure people are motivated and effective in their work.
- An understanding of cultural difference and different methods of motivation.
- Ability to be self-motivated and lead by example.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to employees, site management and contractors on site.
- Ability to relate to clients and display initiative.
- Ability to counsel and mentor staff and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to interact and work with or support other departments
- Ability to identify potential hazards and advise on minimising risks and assessing controls effectiveness
- Ability to formulate, present and evaluate training courses.
- Ability to establish priorities, follow up and complete tasks.
- Ability to create/develop work instructions, procedures & JSAs.
- Ability in preparing safety performance reports including analysis of safety Leading Indicators (Lis)
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Specialist 1 – Safety Open Pit”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 11th August 2023 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Shaould you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com