Jobs in Tanzania 2023: New Job Vacancies at Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) 2023
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a government development finance institution operating under the Ministry of Finance and Planning. TADB is registered under the Companies Act, of 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No. 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, of 2012.
The Bank operates as a Development Finance Institution in line with its Business License No. 002 issued by the Bank of Tanzania on 4th August 2015.
TADB was established to facilitate the attainment of two broad goals which are:
- Facilitating attainment of sustainable food self-sufficiency and security in Tanzania.
- Facilitating the transformation of agriculture from subsistence to commercial in order to effectively and sustainably contribute to economic growth and poverty reduction.
To be a world-class model agriculture development bank that supports and promotes Tanzania’s agriculture transformation from subsistence to commercialized modern farming, as well as support the development of agriculture business in contributing to economic growth and poverty reduction.
To facilitate development and support transformation of the agriculture sector by providing short, medium, and long-term finance to agriculture projects in Tanzania that promote economic growth, food security, and reduction of poverty.
TADB is looking to fill in the below vacancies:
OPEN POSITIONS – 1
WORK STATION: NORTHERN ZONE (ARUSHA)
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Reporting to the Director of Credit and Business, the Zonal Manager is a senior-level position responsible for managing and supervising the bank’s operations within a specific geographic zone. The Zonal Manager is responsible for development and management of corporate relationships in the zone, day to day administrative services, ensuring that the bank’s activities align with its overall mission and objectives, and that they are conducted in a manner that is ethical, efficient, and effective.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and implement strategic plans for the zone to achieve the bank’s objectives and increase its reach in the area.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, such as clients, government agencies, and other financial institutions, to identify potential investment opportunities and expand the bank’s portfolio in the zone.
- Risk Management: Manage the bank’s risk exposure within the zone, including credit risk, market risk, operational risk, and reputational risk.
- Financial Management: Manage the finances of the branches within the zone, including budgeting, financial reporting, and forecasting.
- Team Management: Recruit, train, and develop staff within the zone, and ensure that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to meet the bank’s objectives.
- Procedure Enhancement: Ensure that the bank’s operations within the zone are conducted in a manner that is compliant with applicable laws and regulations and align with the bank’s mission and values.
- Performance Management: Develop and implement performance metrics to measure the success of the businessdevelopment officers within the zone, and ensure that they are meeting their goals and objectives.
- External Relations: Represent the bank in meetings and conferences with stakeholders and other organizations within the zone, and build relationships that will enhance the bank’s reputation and credibility.
- Project Management: Oversee the bank’s approved project management activities within the zone, including the development of project plans, timelines, and budgets, and ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
- Identify entities in the Agri – value chain with a potential to bring impact in the Agri-sector.
- Control expenditure within approved limits.
- Engagement with partners and key stakeholders.
- Identify business opportunities, develop and maintain client relationships that includes cross selling of all TADB products, to achieve set targets: as well as visiting existing customers.
- Implement TADB strategy of acquisition and maintenance of the portfolio and fulfilling customer’s requests, proper maintenance, collection and recovery where necessary in a professional manner. Implementing an acquisition strategy that is focused on building and maintaining high quality and long-term relationships with customers.
- Aligning with the Government Agriculture Sector Development Program (ASDP II) within the zones by targeting key crops.
- Ability to identify opportunities within the TADB ecosystem.
- Ensure day-to-day zonal operational activities are management in an effective and efficient manner. Review work performance of staff in the zonal office including their development, deployment, appraisal, training and welfare in line with the bank’s objectives.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by your Line Manager/Supervisor.
- Ability to identify and take advantage of new business opportunities.
- Ability to identify and manage business risks.
- Ability to interpret central bank policies on financial regulations and implement them within TADB’s strategic plan.
- Ability to compare and contrast TADB products with competitors and actively exploit all sources of potential sales opportunities.
- Ability to interpret financial statements.
- Highly developed credit appraisal skills.
- Proven skills in sales and customer service.
- Master’s Degree in Business Management/Administration, Agri-business, Finance, Economics,
- Banking or related discipline.
- At least 5 years working experience of which 2 must be in a senior/managerial position in related field.
- Ability to analyze financial and economic data and interpret them.
- Strong written and communication skills with ability to write reports in a concise and focused style.
- Possession of leadership and people management skills, and a team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate with highly developed computer application skills.
- Knowledge of the banking industry and its related laws, regulations, policies and procedures will be an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Job applicants are required to apply for these employment opportunities through the TADB career portal: https://www.tadb.co.tz/careers/ or send their application through the email: email@example.com
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application.
- Application letter, showing how you meet the requirements of the position.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the candidate.
- Certified copies of relevant certificates.
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
- A strong portfolio of Creative Design work (applies for Public Relations and Marketing applicants only).
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the TADB career portal: https://www.tadb.co.tz/careers/
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on 12th June 2023.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.